Monday 9 February 2009

ILL

Missed work today recouperating from a bout of man flu that started yesterday afternoon. I started with aches, headache tiredness, feeling cold at the time so ended up in bed at 8.30. However Emily woke up at 2am wanting to "change nappie" and ended up keeping me up until nearly 4am. I eventually crawled back to bed shattered, and slept until 7.

Other things Emily- shes loving The White Stripes Seven Nation Army, she keeps requesting it on music on demand via our cable TV, so tonight I introduced her to The Clash, Rock the Casbah, so now Emily can say Clash, and Joe when Mr Strummers on screen!

Anyhow back to my illness, i spent the day on the sofa, drifting in and out of sleep under a blanket, catching up on 2 episodes of Generation Kill, a fab series on FX based on the diaries of a journalist embedded with the a US marine corps recconaisance company in the 2nd gulf war. Its gritty and feels realistic in the same way band of brothers /private ryan was made, and its by the people who made the US cop show The Wire that everybody raves about but I'm yet to see.

By this afternoon I'd snoozed through most of Carlitos way woke up and suddenly felt fairly good just mildly snotty, so its back to work tomorrow, snow permitting of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment